About the Role
INTRODUCTION: The Rabbit Care Attendant is responsible for the overall care of the 2 x rabbits within the Fulham facility. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the facility.
Duties will include:
• To observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
• To thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas as often as is necessary.
• To determine the type and amount of food animals receive.
• To take charge and/or handle animals as required.
• To provide exercise and time out of hutch.
• To perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
• Under direction of the Animal Care Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care of all facility rabbits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS:
Basic Knowledge of Rabbit/Care or Animal lover interest in learning about Rabbit Care. Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
One day per week (Monday-Sunday) for 1 – 2 hours
We are flexible in time commitment, but must be dependable to show up for your preferred times.
Must be prepared to travel to facility at Fulham, SA.
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT: Is assigned to one day per week (approximate 1 hour to 2 hours) for a period of three months. After three months, Rabbit Care Assistant may be reappointed for another three months at the discretion of the supervisor. After six months, the person who is serving may rotate to another position within the organisation.
Please email email@example.com with your interest.
About the Company